Register Log in

Multiple Improvements to BlazorForum

Posted 90 days ago by selliott
Edited 90 days ago

I've been working on some fixes and improvements over the past few weeks and have merged them with the main branch in the repository at https://github.com/ElliottBrand/BlazorForum

Some noteworthy changes are as follows:

• Fixed issue with admin area theme not switching when navigating between admin area and front-end.
    • Changed base href for the Area's _AdminHost.cshml file to "~/admin/"
    • Changed all the @page directives in the Area's components to reflect this change. I mostly had to change them from something like "/admin/foo" to "/foo"...but noticed some issues when components conflicted with root components of the same name, so I then renamed the @page directives to something like "/manage/foo" to avoid conflicts.
    • Added a second BlazorHub connection to Startup.cs for the Admin Area.
  • Replaced multiple Admin Area endpoints in the Startup.cs file with a single one that contained a pattern to satisfy all the routes.
  • Replaced JavaScript for changing page title's with a C# based approach. It doesn't pre-render the data into the title tag, but it's a step in the right direction.
  • Adjusted CKEditor to make links open in a new tab.
  • Added an "Admin" link to the navigation menu that displays when an administrator is logged in.

Post a Reply

You must be logged in to add a new post.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙