Visual Studio 2022 metadata file could not be found

Posted 1 year ago by tomcat2900

Hello !

I have a big problem in Visual Studio 2022 :

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error CS0006 Metadata file

'BlazorAppTestNET6\BlazorAppTestNET6\Client\obj\Debug\net6.0\ref\BlazorAppTestNET6.Client.dll'

could not be found BlazorAppTestNET6.Server BlazorAppTestNET6\BlazorAppTestNET6\Server\CSC

I spent already a few days to solve this problem and I think I tried everything found on the internet :

1.Clean All Projects.

2.Unload All Projects.

3.Reload All Projects.

4.ReBuild Solution

---------------------

1. Right-click on the solution and click Properties.

2. Click Configuration on the left.

3. Make sure the check box under "Build" for the project it can't find is checked. If it is already checked, uncheck, hit apply and check the boxes again.

4. (Optional) You had to do it for both Release and Debug modes on the solution properties.

---------------------

I deleted the hidden .VS folder and rebuild.

---------------------

I deleted the hidden .suo file and rebuild.

---------------------

I deleted OBJ and BIN folders and rebuild.

And nothing worked !

I still get the same error and I cannot run my project !

Can you help me, please ?

Thank You Very Much !

This feels like the error might be as result of deleting the obj and bin folders and a successful build afterwards may not have populated all the files you need back in those folders yet.  

Make sure after deleting the "bin" and "obj" folders in all projects (Server & Client if using WebAssembly), that it successfully builds in Visual Studio (In the Visual Studio toolbar: Build > Build Solution). It might take a couple builds to get a successful build.

Posted 1 year ago by selliott

Is the issue resolved? It's been happening with me and i'm unable to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated

Posted 309 days ago by freakinweirdo
Someone is typing...

Post a Reply

You must be logged in to add a new post.
Number of online users: 2
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙