Binding an InputCheckBox to an Integer Model field

Posted 3 years ago by mgp
Edited 3 years ago

Hi, I need a lot of help, lol. But I hope I can get an answer for this one question.

I have a Blazor App Solution which has a model defined in the Shared project. The model has an integer field named 'Active'.

In my razor page EditForm I am trying to bind an InputCheckbox to the field. Obviously the data types of boolean and int are different.

How would you go about updating the record's 'Active' field from a checkbox. I am open to using js but was wondering if I am just missing some simple understanding.

I was also considering using a hidden InputNumber bound to the "Active' field, and change the value of that based on the changed event of a html checkbox.

I'm getting a little confused as to the correct way of doing this. I welcome any help or insight you have to offer.

Thanks

I'm sure you've already considered it, but my first thought would be to switch the type of the property in the model to be a boolean.

Otherwise, inside the @code block, maybe you could add a property for the boolean, set it inside OnInitializedAsync based on the value of "Active", and assign the proper value to your "Active" property in the method that fires on a valid submit. If boolean is true, Active = 1, else 0.

The general idea is something like (I haven't tested this):

<EditForm Model="@_myModel" OnValidSubmit="SubmittingForm">
    	<InputCheckbox @bind-Value="_active" />
    	<button type="submit">Submit</button>
    </EditForm>

@code {
    	private bool _active { get; set; }
    	private MyModel _myModel = new MyModel();

protected override async Task OnInitializedAsync()
    	{
    		_myModel = await //... get your model data from the controller

if(_myModel.Active == 1)
    			_active = true;
    		else
    			_active = false;
    	}

private void SubmittingForm()
    	{
    		// Set the value of the Active property with the value of _active
    		if(_active == true)
    			_myModel.Active = 1;
    		else
    			_myModel.Active = 0;

//continue...
    	}
    }
    Posted 3 years ago by selliott Edited 3 years ago

Yep Thats a good idea. The Status field in the database is an int. So your solution maybe just what I need. However while working on this problem, I started getting 403s out of the blue on authorized pages, so now I am fighting that. But that is another topic. Thanks for your input! If I ever get authorization solid I will implement your idea.

Posted 3 years ago by mgp
Someone is typing...

Post a Reply

You must be logged in to add a new post.
Number of online users: 0
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙