publish Blazor WebAssembly aspnet core hosted

Posted 3 years ago by xicoJosue

i have some questions, if anyone could help me. 

how do you publish the website for IIS?

Do you have to publish both sites, the server and the client?

I can run both in Debug and both show me the same thing.

I'm not sure how I would publish a blazor wasm project with aspnet core hosted in production. 

Thanks

You'll only need to publish the server project. It will include the Client related DLLs.

Posted 3 years ago by selliott

Okay, this way I will have a wasm server side web app? or I will have a blazor server with R signal?

How this will work internally and in the client?

Blazor WebAssembly will upload the DLLs into the browser and run in the browser's JavaScript sandbox, while Blazor Server would run on the server and rely on the SignalR connection to perform UI updates. You need to upload the Server project in the WebAssembly app, since the app still needs to communicate with the Controllers on the server. 

Don't let that confuse you though. Blazor WebAssembly and Blazor Server are two different types of a Blazor app. Just because it has a Server project, doesn't make it a Blazor Server app.

Learn more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/blazor/?view=aspnetcore-5.0#blazor-webassembly

Posted 3 years ago by selliott Edited 3 years ago

I know the diference between blazor wasm and blazor server, but blazor wasm aspnet core hosted looks like or seems to be a hybrid.

I had already read the documentation, but I was not clear.

I'm still confused, but i will keep in mind your previous answer.

"You'll only need to publish the server project. It will include the Client related DLLs."

Thanks

Someone is typing...

Post a Reply

You must be logged in to add a new post.
Number of online users: 1
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload 🗙